- 19/10/2016 | Rolls-Royce powered composite vessels enter service with qatari coastguard
- 17/10/2016 | DCNS unveils SMX 3.0, the submarine concept-ship tailored to the needs of Generation Z
- 17/10/2016 | Thales and 19 French SMEs develop combined surface and underwater unmanned system
- 17/10/2016 | Rolls-Royce secures power and propulsion contract for US Navy’s bew fleet replenishment ships
- 11/10/2016 | ECA Group unveils two new modules for its UMIS-Mine Counter Measures mission & data management system
Admiral Prazuck: “Our defences begin at sea”
Admiral Prazuck, Chief of Staff of the French Navy, explains his priorities and his vision. His top priorities, in three words, are: renewal, refurbishment and resilience.
AUSS, a disruptive concept by Thales & partners
Thales has teamed up with 19 high-tech startups to develop the AUSS autonomous underwater and surface system, a concept that is set to reshape autonomous operations at sea.
Retired racing cat to run on wind, sun and hydrogen
Energy Observer, a retired racing maxi-catamaran is being equipped with an innovative renewable energy system using wind, sunshine and hydrogen.
As a racing maxi-catamaran, she won the...
Parallel hybrid propulsion
The parallel hybrid propulsion system of a new 135-passenger excursion boat can be switched to electric mode to explore a nature reserve’s waters quietly and ecologically.
Oceans Beyond Piracy: freeing the hostages and intensifying the dialog
At the end of October 2016, the 26 sailors of Naham 3, held hostage in Somalia for more than four years were released. Behind this outcome was the work of several people, both locally and r...
Neopolia, reimagining subcontracting
Neopolia Marine is reshaping industrial subcontracting in French shipbuilding and Neopolia, the parent network comprising five such clusters, is spreading the good news.In just two years, Ne...
Ocea delivers all-aluminium OPV
Join us for a guided tour of the Fouladou, the first offshore patrol vessel by Ocea; also the largest aluminium OPV built in Europe and the Senegalese Navy’s new flagship.OPV...
Allais, from crewboats to new horizons
Long a crewboat specialist, Chantiers Allais, now part of the Efinor group, is shifting its focus to boats for the defence and security sectors.A few weeks ago Cherbourg-based boatbuilder Ch...
New Bénéteau racing monohull with foils
The new Figaro Bénéteau 3 made a big impression at the Nautic boatshow in Paris in December. As promised, it features foils, a bowsprit, a carbon mast, two rudders and a...